Sign in to follow this  
Guest dkelly

737 Runway Alignment

Guest dkelly

Hi,I've just recently purchased the 737NG series from PMDG (including the -800/900 upgrade), and I must say, I'm finding the aircraft very enjoyable! :) Yet I noticed an issue with the ND on the aircraft -- All directions are made in magnetic, yet when a runway is programmed, it is put in True heading. Take a look:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/vac4255/737_true.jpgThe aircraft is heading straight down the runway at CYEG on 02, yet according to the ND, I am 20 degrees off the runway centreline. Yet, if I go to a place a lot closer to where the True and Magnetic headings meet, such as Thunder Bay, the deviation is much smaller, showing the issue is the heading is in True for the runways, but in Magnetic for all other purposes. It's not so bad on takeoff, but it becomes really annoying when you're on a manual CAT1 ILS approach. I was wondering if there were any settings I have to change to make this problem dissapear, or do I have to live with it?Also, does the 737-800/-900 upgrade not cover the base package? I was really anticipating to see a full-clickable VC in the -600/-700 series (One of the main reasons I got the update...)Anyway, thanks in advance for your replys to this topic!Daniel Kelly

Guest dkelly

Alright, sorry for the alarm guys -- turns out the problem was the AIRACs -- for some reason they took the true headings and not the magnetic ones, and I only got the 737 2 days ago, when that AIRAC was released and I downloaded it.Though I would like a reply to the VC matter...