Sign in to follow this  
Guest pellelil

Strange Trim effect in B744/B744F ?

Normally I have been using 2 buttons on my Yoke to inc/dec Trim but when flying the B744/B744F i have always found that trim was working "weird". Till now I have simply lived with it, but today I decided to do something with it since I thought it was some kind of keyboard conflight (those keys sending the Trim Inc/Dec), hence instead I setup an unused axis of my Yoke control the trim.For the "plain valilla" planes in MSFS this worked extreemly well, however for the B744 it still worked "weird". Looking at the "gauge" in the Throttle view I can also see how it worked. Moving my trim axis to its full extend, I had expected the "needle" in Trim-gauge moving according to, but it didn't. I don't know how to describe it clearly, but it seamed that in stead of the axis controling the trim (as a fixed setting) it controlled how "much the trim-wheel should be turned". If I moved the trim to the trim to its full extend the "needle" (on the Trim Gauge) would emporary move to the full extend but then it would jump back to the position near where it was prior to moving the Trim-axis. "Massageing the trim" I could have it move in the direction I wanted to (its not a Yoke/Axis problem since the calibration shows it works smooth, FSUICP-values shows it runs smooth and its working fine for the "plain vanilla" planes).My initial guess is that this has to do with the way PMDG is trying to overcome some of the shortcommings in MSFS, but in case it is not, I would like to hear if anyone have had this problem/know what to look for.http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!