Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FS2002 and Real Weather Option

Guest Stanner1953

Where can I find instructions on how to operate the real weather option in FS2oo2? I would like to know when to use the "global" weather option as opposed to "local". I downloaded the local weather option, and noted that my internet providor AOL was still running in the background, after the download was completed. How can I shut down AOL without closing FS2002?Any help is appreciated. Thank you.Stanner

Guest Eagle92395

To close your ISP from FS2002, hit ALT+ESC to go back to the desktop... then close AOL and touch the FS2002 title bar at the bottom of the screen and it'll re-maximize FS2002 for you...and away you go!

Guest RonB49

Yeah, what Eagle said. And I don't think it matters whether you click global or local. When you download Jeppesen real weather, you get all the weather for everywhere. The only choice that you make is whether to download winds aloft (about a 3.3MB Wx file) or just the surface winds (about a 770KB Wx file). As far as I know the global weather setting was retained to allow some FS98-type adventure programs to manipulate the weather. Jeppesen weather (and FSMeteo weather, for that matter) use the individual reporting stations. R-