Sign in to follow this  

My most recent questions

Guest Pardue802

I have a couple of questions that have been building up for you guys. Here they all are in one post :-)a) A big limitation for me in Fs2K2 is not being able to fly when I want to during the real world weather for that time. That is, I get home at 5:30, so all my real-weather flights are limited to 5:30-10:00. Is there a way to download weather for earlier in the day so that I may fly a realistic flight during realistic weather anytime in the day. I asked this question previously and got a response of GetWeather I believe, but have been unable to find it. I don't use a third party weather add on, but I'm not opposed to it.:( I'm using Project AI and have heard that adding gates onto airports is a huge enhancement to it. I've had bad experiences with adding gates before... at KDFW my aircraft decided they wanted to do all their taxiing on the dirt :-( So my question is, is the quality of the Mike Lyons (I've seen he has most of the big hitter airports) AFCAD files good? Before I go mucking around my installation I'd like to know this. All my scenery is default. Also, does anyone know of a good AFCAD file for Heathrow?c) Related to my last question, when is this Project Airport s'posta open???d) I think it would be neat to have military air traffic. Do you guys have some references to specific files to add to my FS to add some realistic military tracks (fighter planes and larger military craft)? It's been a long while since I've used Traffic Tools but I don't mind finding it again. I'm just looking for the routes and everything to be done. Especially Barksdale AFB in Louisiana :-)e) When do you guys find time to fly??? I'm severely missing FS since taking on full-time work :-( Actually I'm writing this FROM work to try to waste time til' 5:00 and I can go home.Thx guys!Ken

Hey Ken,I also work full time. What I do is get the ASOS phone number for the airport, sometimes even the ATIS. These numbers are available under airport info at www.airnav.com. This is more accurate than downloaded METARS since they are only updated hourly. ASOS is updated every few minutes. Sometimes airnav has published ATIS phone #s so you can get notams and such. Any way, I call the number at the time I am supposed to depart/arrive and write down the weather and plug it in manually when I get home. I fly at night and on weekends. Being a member of AOPA I get a free real world enroute weather briefing on the internet if I am at work. Probobly misuse of work computers, but what the heck. I find this to be much more accurate than real world weather anyway. The long distance charges to the ASOS phone #s do add up though. But hey, use your work phone. If you have a computer at work, go to www.lattery.com/pilotwx/. This is the best free aviation wx sight I have found. you can get all the enroute info you need. METARs, TAF, Satalite, radar, Icing, Turbulence, PIREPs, they have everything you need except cloud tops.Have a good one,DAVID C. FREEMANCONTINENTAL VIRTUAL AIRLINESHouston

You can GetWeather here:http://www.bearsoft.de/It's a great program for downloading weather, and it supports winds aloft for FS2002. I think it will solve your problem.----------Michael