Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris1001

Flight Saves

Guest Chris1001

Morning all, (UK Anyway)I am playing around with Flight Saves at the moment and have a query for those in the know.I ran the beast up from cold & dark to the pushback stage. Everything up and running, APU OK etc etc. As a test I then saved, closed FS and restarted. When I reloaded the APU was off and various other switches were off (which I assume was 'cause the APU was off). I'm going to do another test and save the panel, see what happens but was it me? Did i do something wrong ?BTW the reason I am doing this is because last night after a 8 hour flight from India to UK on IVAO the sim crashed on me 70 miles from Gatwick. If Bill Gates had been there I would have killed him. :-)Cheers all.

Did you reload the panel state in the PMDG menu? It automatically gets saved when you save a flight, but it isn't automatically loaded due to FS limitations.-stefan

Guest Chris1001

Thanks Stefan but I think it may have been an 'interface between seat and computer' error.I done a whole load of testing today (amazing what you can do when the family is away) and all of my tests the queen started up the flight fine. Only slight thing that caused a problem was the fact that due to the complexity of the aircraft the systems take about 5-7 seconds to load up and stabilise.Only time this is really a problem is if you are on short final expecting a full autoland. My test flights seemed to show that if you are within 10 seconds of touch down the aircraft will not be initialised in time and will crash.However I have now programmed my joystick with an AP Discon command that is button activated so I can go straight into a go around.Strange thing is that in that one test flight if I hit the TOGA button I get a CTD every time. Ah well it is about time I got to grips with flying the thing manually.Many thanks.