Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

PMDG Autobrake problem & fix

There is a weird software interaction, that can be triggered with a certain setting in FSUIPC, and it blocks the application of PMDG autobrakes. I had always noticed this, but after a determined effort, eventually gave up on trying to fix it. I just recently discovered the definitive fix, based on a post I saw here.Other payware planes, or default planes don't seem to be affected by this.ProblemThe autobrakes will not engage (or show disarmed) during a normal landing or aborted takeoff. Yes, I am quite familiar about how to set these up, and when they should trigger and cancel. This is only for the PMDG planes, but both the 737 & 747 are affected.Regular brake application is not affected.Necessary ConditionsPMDG planehardware brake pedalsFSUIPC registeredFSUIPC set to filter "noise" on the pedals.ExplanationThe FSUIPC setting to filter noise appears to misinterpret the sudden activation of the brakes of the PMDG autobrake action, as a "noise spike", and totally suppresses the autobrake application!FixDeactivate the FSUIPC noise filter for the brake pedals.End ResultGet to the lounge just a little faster, and have a tall cool one.* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com