Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

V key being trapped

Guest jgreth123

Last night I brought out my old trusty 737-700 that I haven't flown in ages and decided to do a flight.There I was in the VC ( TrackIR user ) setting everything up and I had the FMC keyboard mode on. I was typing in my route "KMDW - KPVD" and I noticed that the "V" key wouldn't show on the FMC when I hit it. What I did notice, however, was the blue text "Default VC" showing up on the top of my screen ( I don't use blue text for anything, I use default text colors so this was very odd ).I looked through every addon I could to see what would be causing this.... PMDG key binds - nothing, Level-D key binds - nothing, MSFS key binds - Nav 1 OBS but that has nothing to do with the VC.I checked TrackIR, nothing... I had ActiveSky running as well. These are the only other applications that I had running.This would only occur in the VC. I tested every other view and it didn't do anything.Anyone have a clue what could be trapping this key to prevent the FMC from reading the keystroke?

Guest jgreth123

Just figured I'd update this in the event someone stumbles on ot to the same problem.The issue wasn't PMDG-related but the cause was the new Recorder Module has a default key assignment of V. You'll have to go into the settings of the module and change the key.I hope this helps at least 1 other person... I got rather frustrated over this. :)

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Glad to hear it is working....