Sign in to follow this  

Question for you Aircraft Painters

Guest Pardue802

I've only done a little bit of aircraft painting in my time, but I've always been disappointed at the FS2002... how difficult is it to not repaint, but just change the textures of the default aircraft to the reflective textures? Also, to make the lights look better. I'm tired of the wingtimp lights both being red when the camera is approaching the plane :-( Thanks!Kenneth

Guest Timbo

You would need a program like Photoshop that has channels in it (Paint Shop Pro doesn't) and a basic understanding of repainting to do it.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Guest Pardue802

I have access to Photoshop 7 with some experience in the program and have dabbled lightly in repaints about a year and a half ago. Is there a tutorial somewhere on using channels to achieve reflectivity? I would love to see my Mooney as reflective as the Cessna 172/182.Thanks.Kenneth

It's a simple as this:You make a reapaint using any program you want. I for one use Paint Shop Pro 4 (!!!) because of it's interface that is very easy to use and you get all you need and nothing more. No fancy stuff all over the place that makes the program confusing.So anyway, you just make a BMP file. Whichever color format.Then you get DXTbmp.exe (just look on www.yahoo.com for "DXTbmp.exe" ... you'll get to the right site)Then you open the BMP file you just made with that DXTbmp and save it as an extended bitmap format. (use DXT3) and there you go.Now if you want to add alpha chanels to it, before you save the image, just klik 2 times on the little "alpha chanel display" that is on the right. (if there isn't any, there should be a white box) Then your paint program will open and then you can make a black-white-grey image. More black makes more reflective/transparent, less black makes less ... etc.Now to determine if your image will get transparent or reflective depends on the extention of your BMP file. (which is always determined by the guy who made the plane, so if it aint you, contact him) If it ends with _T.bmp (as you'll see on the default planes) it'll get reflective from the alpha chanel. If it ends with anything else, it'll get transparent.It's as simple as that and that's also why you can't put reflection on old planes. They'll turn out transparent ... unless some guy released an airplane with his textures named with the exact extention, but i doubt that :()Hope to help you out a little.GreetzP