Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Resolution Question

Guest GiZBUG

When I run FS2002, I have borders on each side of my screen (black boarders) when running in 1280x1024. Any clue as to why? I am using the 30.30 detonator drivers, 19 inch monitor, and a GF3. Any other resolution, I dont have these annoying borders

Sounds like you need to adjust your monitor for that resolution. Buttons should be on the front.

The 1280*1024 is not a 4:3 aspect ratio, which can produce oblong instruments if not corrected on the monitor.But I did find it interesting, that on my system, the frame rates for the DF Archers VC cockpit where far higher in 1600*1200*32 than 1280*960*32. The plane was on the runway with mountains & clouds in the background. At the "lower" resolution they hovered around 10-12 fps, but at the 1600*1200 they stuck around 18 fps, with higher in flight.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500

Guest GiZBUG

I think it is driver related

Guest PaulL01

As was pointed out to you, if you really want to use that resolution simply stretch it to fit the screen with your monitor controls and as also pointed out you should use a screen size that matches the vertical and horizontal size of your monitor which in almost all cases is going leave you with a choice of:640x480800x6001024x7681152x8641280x9601600x1200Otherwise your image will be distorted.