Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

MS Precision Wheel As Rudders?

Hi,I have FS2002, a MS Precision pro (USB) joystick and and MS Precision Steering Wheel... I was wondering if I could get the pedals that came with the wheel to work as rudders in FS2002. In the control menu it only lets you select either controller, but not both - so I cant assign the rudders to the wheel. Any ideas? Maybe a module or a different driver. I'm using Windows XP.ThanksRyan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FS2002 is actually doing the right thing. You can definitely do this, as I did it myself pending the purchase of the Ch Pro Pedals.Before you do anything, configure your MS Wheel (using the Sidewinder software) so that the pedal axis is combined. When you operate the rudder, it can only be in one place at any one time, so it can only use one axis).Next, go into FS2002 and go into the Controller Assignments menu. Select your joystick from the drop down box and just program in the aileron, elevator and throttle axes. Delete any other axis assignments for your joystick that might be listed. Then select your MS wheel from the same drop down box. For this, you need to delete ALL preset axes. Then you need to program your rudder axis in by pressing the pedals.

Even though either can be selected one at a time, MSFS will reconise both while in flight. Just delets any asignments to the wheel axis and any that are duplicated.

Thanks,I managed to get them kind of working?!? Thanks to Microsoft, the sidewinder programming software that comes with the controller does not work, and is not supported under XP. Anyone know of any 3rd party XP Precision Wheel programming software? May try and install the software included and prepare for a system meltdown...