Sign in to follow this  
frank99

B1900C Express: realistic range

Hi,I'm really fond of flying this very balanced and versatile airplane. I have a question about the range that is mentionned in the manual: 527 nm with max fuel or, worse, 316 nm with max payload.I can't figure out where this number is coming from. The max fuel is 4500 lbs; at app 750 lbs/hr fuel consumption for fast cruise, the range would be somewhere between 1250 and 1750 depending on weather.At economy cruise the range would be between 1750 and 2250 nm.This includes taxi, t/o, climb, cruise climb, cruise, descent, landing, reserve, alternate airport.Can anyone here explain? Thanks

Guest B1900 Mech

Hi Frank, Our fuel loads at Colgan for the Northeast are around 2600 lbs,So that we can carry 19 pax and fill the cargo. As our max trip segment's are around 200 miles. You could check Flight Aware http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt For B1900 Routes,to check airway and trip length's.

Great site!All you need to fly lifelike. I think I'll use it to copy flightplans and numbers to fly online.It also shows that B1900's are almost exclusively used for short trips (00:30 to 01:30 hours).Any reason why's that?Even at 2600 lbs the range should be app 3-4 hours flight, so 750-1000 nm.So where's the 527 coming from?