Sign in to follow this  

Looking for those elusive FS2002 replacement air files?

Hi all,I know Steve Small has pulled his air files from distribution and the like, but are there any other replacement air files for the default FS2002 props that rise to the level of his?I

Yeah, I'd love to have the Baron too... if there was "someplace" I could find them. Eddie

Actually, Steve will still send them to you if you ask. For various complicated reasons I don't quite understand fully he doesn't want them posted anywhere (I know he is concerned about piracy, but it would seem that enough copies of his .air files are floating around that this wouldn't be a factor anymore. But they're *his* files so he can do what he wishes). He also doesn't *seem* to mind others sharing them privately (In my email to him he expressed no concerns whatsoever about this -- however, I also have an email he sent to another AVSIMer where he definitely said "no" to this request. However, the wording in that email was somewhat ambiguous in that the AVSIMer asked if he could distribute the files to others, which may have meant public distribution in Steve's mind. I dunno).So my advice would be to write to him and ask. His address is steve.small@bigpond.com. He seems like a very nice guy.I will have to say (and I'm sure to get flamed here by others) that I really don't see any improvement using his files, however. Indeed, in some cases I thought the aircraft behaved worse, and I've now gone back to using the default files, particularly with the Baron. Then again, I'm not a Real Pilot, so perhaps this just reflects my enjoyment of something which in Real Life wouldn't be acceptable (for me the air files made it *harder* to fly, which isn't my idea of a good time).