Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

What to choose flightmax or reality XP?

Guest gasebah

Hi guys (and gals?),I need a decent GPSWhich of the latter is the better one?Is it simple to include them into panels of 3rd party aircraft?What is the impact on framerates especially when using them on a 2nd monitor?Do they work flawlessly with the GoFlight Controls?A lot of questions I need answered before making up my mind.Pls help.Alex

Hi Alex,I think these two products compliment each other and serve seperate purposes. It sounds like RealityXP might be more what you are looking for. -FSFlightMax is moving map/weather/traffic display unit more so than it is a GPS. It is based off of Avidyne's FlightMax, and done very well I might add. You can load FS flight plan in to it to see your route, but you can't program a direct route via the panel. However, you have the ability to load third party charts into it and view your route over the top of charts. It is a module for FS2002 and is accessed through the menu bar (or keyboard shortcut if you prefer) and available for use with any aircraft.-RealityXP is a replacement radio stack/GPS/autopilot to FS2002's default radio stack and it adds a great deal of functionality. It is based off of the UPS Aviation Technologies Apollo and Slimline Series GPS/Nav/Com/Autopilot. The moving map display is not as big as FlightMax, and it is monochrome. You can program direct routings and select the 20 nearest airports via the panel amongst many, many other things. It will also loaf FS flightplans. RealityXP is a "Guage" and is added to the panel.cfg of your airplanes through a "EZ config" tool that works very well. It puts a micro radio stack in the upper left corner of your screen and all you have to do is click on it to use it.These are both incredible products and there are way too many features of both of these products for me to get into. And I think to have both is the best solution. As far as GoFlight and dual monitor support, someone else will have to help you cause I haven't made it that far yet. :-)I'm sure some other people can add some more useful info, but I hope this is a good start.-------------Michael