Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Mouse interferance

I'm not sure that this has been dealt with, but I've finally grown irritated with this mouse effect: every time I click on my panel to set any thing, it pauses Fs2002 for a second.So, what starts out smooth and fluid becomes interrupted as I start to configure the Aircraft for TO or landing. Has anyone else had a similar confict? Is It some thing in the sim or can I blame my mouse?! Cheers!

I haven't seen this type of pause... I.E.-I can set the A/P altitude, speed, whatever without noticing any pause in the sim.Pay attention though, to whether sound is associated with the item you're clicking. As an example, if you click the flaps indicator, 2k2 will load a sound as it's lowering the flaps. This may pause the sim, depending on the quality of the sound used. A while back, I used a .wav editor on my gear sounds and flap sounds to compress them to a smaller size. This all but eliminated pausing when the sounds were loaded....If you get the pause everywhere, I'd check to see whether your mouse and sound card or video card are hooked on the same IRQ....-John

Hi; Nope, my mouse is on irts own IRQ. Also, I can click anywhere on the screen and the mouse will cause an interruption- especially if I have to click an area more than once, i.e. setting altitude or IAS. Cheers!

I guess we'll have to see if someone else has seen and fixed the same type of problem. What type of graphics card and mouse are you running with? I suspect there's some conflict. Also, are you running with the default set of Windows mouse pointers? FS2002 doesn't like any none-default and/or 3rd party mouse pointers...-John