Sign in to follow this  
Guest m3pimpin

FS Connection

Hi, I have been trying to connect to join to other people's ip's in fs, but fs freezes, and I have to do a ctrl+alt+del manuever to shut off FS. I can host but other people can't connect. I have shut down my firewall but still no luck. I don't know what to do.? I dont know if i should contact Microsoft, or Compaq..? I probably have to pay Microsoft a lot just to contact them. My other games connect perfectly with no problem, i dont know what it is. What do you guys think? I dont know what else to do? Thanx in advance. Pedro

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can only tell you that this happens to me with certain IP sessions, but not all. I believe it is host related, because I can host a session myself all day long with no problems. Even on dial-up, I can host both a 2k2 session and a Roger Wilco session... The sessions where I'm always successful are the military flights regularly hosted on the TradeIP board. Problem is, I much prefer civilian flying. I suspect that some hosts are running processes, either firewall process or otherwise, which are sending invalid tokens to those trying to join the host. Usually, I never see such sessions online for more than a few moments, leading me to believe the host cancels the session, wondering why "nobody" is joining the session.I don't see this as an issue in FS2000, but that may just be due to changes in MP code in FS2002...