Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike Hamlin

Autoland Error - PMDG 747-400X

Guest Mike Hamlin

Hi Guys,I'm currently experiencing a few problems with my 747-400X. Chiefly, I'm having an issue with autoland. The aircraft's veering off to the left on approach, landing to one side of the Localiser beam. I'm using the default scenery, and I've tried landing at a few different airports including Manchester, UK (EGCC), Almeria, Spain (LEAM) and this evening's test, Miami International (KMIA). On the previous two occasions it's landed to one side of the centreline, but still remainded on the concrete. However, my approach into Miami (runway 09) resulted in the aircraft touching down completely on the grass. Is this a known issue with the 747X? I've duplicated the tests with my Level D 767-300ER, which touches down right on the money on each of these airfields.Any help with this would be most appreciated.Thanks in advance, Mike.

Guest Mike Hamlin

Hello again guys,After looking into the problem a little more, I've noticed that some of the AIRAC data seems out of date, which goes back to an issue with an updated installer for the FSX 747-400 being released. According to the 'Support Info' tab in the Add/Remove programs screen in Windows XP, I have version 2.00.0031 installed. Is this the correct version? Thanks again, Mike

Guest calflyer

Hey Mike,Just a note to say I have the same problem w/ FSX running on Vista 64. It seems to be some kind of AIRAC problem in that the A/C postion and all the intersections etc. are located in postions slightly different than the published airports. If your problem is the same as mine you can readily see what I'm talking about when you get close to an airport and see where the final few fixes of the ILS are in relation to the extended runway centerline. On my latest approach to PAE the ILS 16 should have a final of 159 Degrees. The fixes I mentioned show off to the left and the FMC agree showing a 179 degree track required to make the approach. On my setup however the A/C lines up right of the centerline and flies a beautiful approach to a touchdown some few hundred feet right of the runway and does this consistently regardless of the field I do the approach to.Hopefully the boys @ PMDG have seen this before and can give us guidance.I also see a consistent problem w/ the 744 product alone in that when I terminate a flight I get a lockup on FSX that requires a restart of that software.Other than those relatively minor difficulties it flies like a dream and is the finest high level sim so farGary Adkisson

Guest Mike Hamlin

Hi Gary,Just had a crack at solving this myself, and may well have narrowed down the cause of the problem to one of two things:Either1. FSX Acceleration add on pack.Or2. Level D 767-300ER.I've reinstalled FSX, SP1 and the PMDG 747X only, and have just made an almost perfect auto landing at one of the problem airfields, Manchester (EGCC). Will test this further, but for now, it seems that either one of these two products does cause problems with the PMDG 747. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the add on and FSX could have a look into this? Thanks again, Mike

Hi MikeI've had exactly the same problem - at Manchester and Prestwick. I did wonder whether it had anything to do with my Horizon VFR scenery, but the ILS alignment actually is OK - the problem seems to be with the 747's autoland. All the way down it's flying one dot to the left of the localiser, although bang on glideslope. If I take manual control and centre the localiser myself, it's perfectly aligned with the runway.I don't want to remove Acceleration if I can help it, so can you confirm that it is definitely not the Level D 767 causing the problem?Thanks!Stu

Guest Mike Hamlin

Hi Stu,Sorry about the delay getting back to you, what with the run up to Christmas and all I've been busy with one thing and another. That aside, I've reinstalled FSX Acceleration and just ran a test flight from Liverpool to Manchester with the 747-400X, and it's landed at Manchester bang on the money, absolutely spot on with both the localiser and glideslope. I'll revisit Liverpool and Prestwick to see if I can get the 747 to repeat the localiser alignment problem at those airfields where we know the problem has occurred in the past. If all goes well I'll reinstall the Level D 767 either later tonight or tomorrow and test the 747 again at those same airfield to determine whether or not that add-on is/was the cause of the issue. However, to me at least it would appear that a fresh reinstall of FSX and the 747 has solved the problem, along with a good defrag of the hard drive. Cheers, Mike

Many thanks Mike!I'm relieved to hear that it will now work with Acceleration, but I don't fancy doing a reinstallation of FSX as it takes a while to put all the Horizon VFR Scenery back on. I don't suppose you know whether it's simply a case of reinstalling FSX over the top of the Horizon scenery? I'll ask the guys on the Horizon forums, but if anyone here knows that would be a great help!RegardsStu

Guest Mike Hamlin

Final note to all. I've reinstalled both FSX Acceleration and the Level D 767-300ER, and the PMDG 747-400 is working absolutely perfectly. To be frank, I'm at a loss to explain how this autoland problem popped up in the first place, but it seems a fresh install of FSX did the trick. Thanks, Mike

>Final note to all. I've reinstalled both FSX Acceleration and>the Level D 767-300ER, and the PMDG 747-400 is working>absolutely perfectly. To be frank, I'm at a loss to explain>how this autoland problem popped up in the first place, but it>seems a fresh install of FSX did the trick. >>Thanks, MikeBut unfortunately not for me.I've done exactly as Mike; uninstalled and then reinstalled; and my autoland still doesn't work. It's exactly the same problem as before; it picks up the ILS OK, but then tracks the localiser one dot out all the way down.I also haven't been able to resolve the problem I raised in another thread, with the spoilers and thrust reversers not appearing properly on the replay.Any help very gratefully received, as I'm at a loss re. what to do next.Thanks!Stu