Sign in to follow this  
Guest 65ht2vc4

747-400X installed, FSX wont start

Guest 65ht2vc4

Hi. I really need some ideas. I downloaded PMDG 747-400X and installed it. Everything went well. Then i started FSX, chose my new fine plane and started to make preflight procedures. All of a sudden my PFD and ND went blank. So i shut FSX and opened it again, the loading screen came up and then small box with column "AIRAC DATABASE LOADING" and "READING AIRPORTS" and then the whole #### thing disappeared. There i was stearing at my computer desktop. I know about dll.xml problem. I reinstalled PMDG 747-400X and used PMDG

Please email our support team for help on this particular problem!Thanks!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest 65ht2vc4

Problem solved. I had my add-on 747 as a default plane and that caused fsx crashing to desktop. Changed it to one of sim

Guest kb0iic

Hi Markus, I can load the FS with a PMDG 747-400F installed, however, nowif I have FS2Crew loaded and I run FSX it'll exit to the desktop.I set FSX affinity to CPU0 and it loaded. Gonna try this a few timesand see if it is consistent working. It does consistently exit tothe desktop if all 4 cores were enabled for the affinity setting.I should probably change the default aircraft as well, that wassuggested in the docs, if I recall.Sincerely,William

Guest CalifDan

I'm having the same problem...When I try to load FSX and the PDMG takes over to load data, the whole thing shuts down the loading process.If you can't load FSX, how do you make the default aircraft change???Dan Jonas

Guest 65ht2vc4

It was one of the previous threads where i found a solution. Open FSX.cfg file (in Documents and Settings...Application DataMicrosoftFSX) ... means your user name. Use Notepad (or any text editor) to open that file. There should be a line starting with "SITUATION=". Delete everything after = and save it. Then try to restart FSX. It worked for me.Markus