Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott L. Brown

PMDG 747 ? MCP PRO no longer works

Guest Scott L. Brown

I currenty own the MCP Pro system and the EFIS unit. I use them with your MPDG 747-400. Up until two days ago everything worked as it should. Then all of a sudden the 747 was stalling in climbs, it would not hold altitude and frequently was climbing wildly past the altitude set. Neither the LNAV nor the VNAV seems to control the 747.I assumed a file had become corrupted so I uninstalled the PMDG 747 I was using and reinstalled it. That did not help so I unstalled the PMDG GoFlight MCP interface., unplugged the MCP Pro hardware and restarted the computer. I checked to be sure my PMDG _GFMCPro.key file ws in the /FS9/PMDG folder. It was. Next I ran the PMDG GoFlight Interface.exe file. I then reconnected the MCP hardware. Windows did not ask for a driver nor did it offer the option of searching for one.MCPPro appeared to respond properly in so far as the dials changed the MCP settings in the 747. I pulled down the PMDG menue (I was NOT in full screen) and went to the GFMCP PRO in that menue and pressed connect.The end result was that the MCPPro did not control the PMDG 747. Again on setting TO/GA the plane wants to climb at an excessive angle and did not direct the lateral flight path. I changed GoFlight config to FS default and the Cessna autopilot worked as it should. I then went back to GoFlight config and changed setting to compatible add ons and loaded my PMDG 747-400 but it didn't even light up the MCPPro dials. Before I remove everything is it possible to fix the GoFlight config program and or the PMDG GoFlight interface? Hopefully you can tell me what I am not doing correctly.. Thanks for your time. Scott L. Brown