Sign in to follow this  
NukeDukem

Problem with the PMDG 747-400X autopilot and my Logitec...

Hi @ all,I've got an nerved problem with my PMDG 747-400X (latest version) and my Logitech WingMan RumblePad controller.When I active the autopilot after takeoff a few minutes later the autopilot were disconnected without a reason. After reading the first chapter of the manual I selected the both check boxes in the PMDG options menu so that the autopilot shouldn't be disconnected by user elevator/ruder trimming.But this hasn't any effect in my case. My autopilot were disengaged without any action of mine (everty time the message "User handled elevator trim was detected!" were displayed). I read a topic in this forum where was explained that the controller could be the problem and the suggestion was to disconnect the controller after takeoff. I think this cannot be a serious solution for this problem. I can fly any other aircraft in the FSX without this problem.My question now: How can I solve this problem without buying a new controller or use another input device like mouse or keyboard???

Guest SkullxBones

I've had controllers where one axis was jittery and would probably cause a disconnect. If you go to game controllers in control panel and watch your controller in calibration mode, is it stable or does it jump around? To rule out if it's your controller, don't map the elevator trim to your controller and see if it still disconnects.