Sign in to follow this  
ccaughie

Type Rating Courses for FSX

Hi,I just ran through the type rating courses 1-4 with the 747X, and found them superb for getting a better understanding of how to fly this plane. I had a few issues though:1. The save game files (which I know are from the FS9 version) put the plane way over to the left of the runway and on a slightly wrong heading, so I either had to use slew mode to move it (I wasn't sure if this would mess up the IRS?) or steer back onto the centerline on the takeoff roll.2. The saves all started in 2D cockpit mode, and when I switched to VC they had a crazy zoom level and I had to press '-' 7 times to get it back to 60%.3. What I was really looking forward to was a detailed guide to approach and landing, but TRC4 said this would be covered in TRC5, which as far as I can see doesn't exist!Are there any plans for future work on these invaluable tutorials? FSX versions of the saved games would be good, and a lesson on approach and landing would be great.If not, are there any other resources available that cover approach and landing?Thanks,Colin