Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Buck Bolduc

Exporting Flight Plans

Using FSBuild 2.3. I set the directory right and saved the config file ok. "Created: C: program Files(x86)/Microsoft Flight simulatorX/PMDG/FlightPlans KBOSKORD. No errors. When I go to load a flight from that directory, all it seems to want to read is .PLN files it wont list .rte files. If I use Co Route in the FMC it say's not in database.I used to use FSBuild ok in FS9?Any idea's? Cant figure out why FSX don't seem to like .rte files, tried every thing I can think of.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Using FSBuild 2.3. I set the directory right and saved the>config file ok. "Created: C: program Files(x86)/Microsoft>Flight simulatorX/PMDG/FlightPlans KBOSKORD. No errors. When I>go to load a flight from that directory, all it seems to want>to read is .PLN files it wont list .rte files. If I use Co>Route in the FMC it say's not in database.>I used to use FSBuild ok in FS9?>Any idea's? Cant figure out why FSX don't seem to like .rte>files, tried every thing I can think of.>>Problem solved.I dual boot XP and Vista64. I have FS9 on XP-C: Vista on Drive E:, when I boot into Vista it's drive E: becomes Drive C:, if I use FSBuild in Win-XP it finds FS9 i.e. 2004 and generates a FP for it and places it in user document/flightplans and at the same time places a .rte file ON DRIVE E: /Program Files(x86)/Flight SimulatorX/ PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS.I looked at E; FSX and found em in the FLIGHTPLAN directory. Now to boot into Vista and see if I can bring em up with the FMC.I punched in a flight plan, I printed out, buy hand, into the FMC KDFWEGLL. The flight went perfectly. No stutters,OOM's, or any other problems. Even saw a ship out in the Atlantic, never expected that.