Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyer747

747-400 for FSX

Guest flyer747

Hi everyone.Just a quick question,I am now purchasing a new PC to run flightsim FSX and will be upgrading the 747-400 to FSX version.I just want to check that it will all work and run ok with with Windows Vista and and having the 64 bit version.The PC spec is 8mb RAM,QUAD CORE PROCESSOR,2x512mb NVIDA 9800 graphics cards.Would hate to spend aload of money and cant take the Queen Of the Skies for a flight.Thanks.Tony

Hi Tony,I just bought a new computer myself (E8400 Duocore, 9800GTX, 8 gig ram with the 64 bit Vista version. Go out and buy the hardware you described in your post. You should be able to run FSX with the Queen without any problems. I

I also have a system similar to yours, but only 4GB RAM (I assume you meant GB not MB :) ) and one 512MB 8800GTS. My CPU is a Q6600 overclocked to 3.2GHz. No problems at all with Vista 64 bit. Frame rates are smooth with the PMDG 747 at reasonable (but not maximum) settings.Unless you plan to run games other than FSX I wouldn't bother with the second graphics card; I'm pretty sure FSX won't use it. I would guess that a single 1024MB graphics card would do better than two with 512MB each.I'm also not convinced that going from 4GB to 8GB main RAM will make any noticeable difference but others may disagree.Colin