Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Driver help????

Guest P3_Super_Bee

I have a ?. Recently installed a new Western Digital HDD. Now can't install any Nvida drivers higher than like 4.8 Any thing higher and I get this.....http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d4daab379aa8448.jpgWhat does this mean? I belive this is the problem that I have with FS2K2. With Hardware Accelleration check in the game I get a blue screen instead of the aircraft in the aircraft select menu and when in the "flight station" of the aircraft nothing but blue screen out the windows. Turn Hard acell off and can see aircraft and out the windows. But as you all know graphics suck. I'm using a Riva TNT 16mb video card. Yes I know a dinosaur but worked fine with Nvida's latest drivers on old harddrive.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

Tell us more. What motherboard ? what OS? Is your video card AGP or PCIPierre

Guest firehawk44

The INF file is needed to properly install the drivers. Do a search on your hard drive for NVAML.INF. Note the directory and path to the file. Goto your hardware and reinstall the drivers. Do not allow automatic installation but select "Install from a List or Specific Location". When asked, browse to the directory where the INF file is located and click OK. It should then install the proper drivers. I think you're going to have problems running FS2K2 with that video card though. I recommend you try to upgrade to at least a 32mb card. Hope this helps.Jim

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Have a ASUS P5A-B motherboard, PCI video card, Windows98SE, 352MB RAM, AMD-K/6-2 300mhz processor. Tried to do a search for NVAML.inf came up with nothing......BTW, FS2K2 ran fine on old harddrive with same video card/processor and only 96mb RAM. Edit: WOW, what a pain in the butt. but I found the .inf file inside a .cab file I downloaded about week or so ago. Now everything is good to go. Thanks for the help. Just needed a little push in the right direction.. :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg