Sign in to follow this  

Installing Airplanes

Perhaps someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I downloaded several planes from the file library and thought I installed them correctly. For some reason, only half are showing up in my menu. I dont know what all files/folders are required to make the airplanes show up, however, I did a comparison between several planes that do work against the ones that dont, and they all seem to have the same folders with the same names. If a plane that works has five folders and the plane right next to it also has five similiarly named folders, why does one show up as available and the other not?Am I missing something?Thanks. MF

You should explain your problem with some more details so that somebody can help you.(I don't know is this a problem but)You have to know that some of zip files you can download from AVSIM contain only textures not the entire aircraft.And you have to instal textures other way then installing aircraft.Extract files in some temporary folder,name then your folder like "texture.4" and then copy & paste it in fs20002/aircraft/(airplane that you have new textures for)(f.e. b747) and then open aircraft.cfg from fs2002aircraftb747 and type the lines it needs only change the number (in this case 4).I know this could be a little stupid from my side but maybe this is a problem you have.Stay good.