Sign in to follow this  

Joystick calibration

Hi people!!I am having some hard time trying to manually fly/taxi the PIC 767. It has something to do with my joystick settings (Sidewinder Precision Pro 2). I've tried via FSUIPC and Control panel of FS2002 with little results. The main problem is steering during taxi, especially to the right. The plane seems to keep going to the opposite (left). The other problem is when I'm flying and make a turn (and release the joystick so it goes back to the center), there is no correction of the plane; it keeps going inclined, so to speak (sorry for my english). I remember some time ago there was a small program called Ctfj3, that helped a lot, but I guess that is only for W98...not WXP ...Any ideas on how to solve this? My system: Windows XP Home Edition, Sidewinder Precision Pro 2, 256 Ram, P IV.... Best regards, and thank you so much for your help.Gabriel.

Guest ilh

I have the same joystick and it works great for me, practically zero noise and perfectly centered. Maybe I got lucky.It sounds like you need to increase the null zone on the rudder or aileron axis. On the FSUIPC calibration page, it should be showing you current values out of your joystick (called IN). Both of those axes should be near zero in the neutral position. If not, you will need to increase the null zone (zone around 0 that are all mapped to 0 for OUT) for the axis that is causing the problem.I hope this makes at least a little sense.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

Lee,Thanks a lot for your help. Indeed I manage to set different parameters and now I can taxi in much better way. Still having troubles when I'm flying, can't make the aircraft to level when I release the joystick. I'll do some more test. FSUIPC is kind of tricky, isn't it? Well, at least now I can land and taxi safely. Regards,Gabriel.