Sign in to follow this  

FRUSTRATING

Please help.I love the PIC767 but am constantly frustrated that the thrust reversers will not work. When I idle the engines and hit F2 they start to speed up again instead of going into reverse. This also happens on full auto land. Even with max auto brake, foot brakes and auto spoilers, I am only just able to stop at the end of major runway lenghs. I have also tried calibrating my yoke to allow for reversers but this does not work either.Is this a common problem or do I need to adjust something.Thanx

Guest KB

I don't know about the reversers but if you are having troubles to stop on the runway, it's not because of that. Braking distances are calculated without reverse trust in real life, as far as I know. You should be doing just fine stopping without them.Regards,Karl

Guest ilh

I suspect throttle noise is cancelling reverse for you.Go into FSUIPC and calibrate your throttle. You should raise your throttle a little above idle, and press the set button. Anything below this should come out full idle (-16384) with zero noise.You could also try activating reverse with your throttle disabled. F1 for idle, F2 for reverse. See if REV remains indicated on the engine displays. Try it parked on the tarmac.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)[link:www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/DFMS734.zip]B734 Dreamfleet/Microsoft Merge

I've got the same problem with my Saitek joystick - and it's due to noise. On my other joystick (MS Sidewinder) I can use reverse thrust without a problem.What I do when on approach is just before touch down, cut the engines to idle, and switch the joystick off (CTRL-K). Then the reverse thrust becomes operational again!Hope this helps!Richard

It's all in the Controller calibration of the Throttle.FSUIPC is the best bet! Read the Manual. Also, calibrating your throttle in the windows Controller by placing your finger ( about 1/2 inch from the full off side end to allow for a larger NULL zone works well too. *REV THRST engages when all gear are touching the RWY. You can try a taxi test.Hope this works!- Alex