Sign in to follow this  

posky aircrafts

i am using posky aircrafts with PIC 767, but some of them have problems or crash continuously;is there something to do in the aircraft,cfg to put everything functional? I only changed sound and panel folders of the posky ones and the aircraft.cfg i mantained the ones from posky!does any one know what is the solution for this?miguel

Guest ilh

So much for POSKY's recommended technique for combining with the PIC panel and the compatibility of its flight model with the panel. I have lost count how many times I have read this.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Hi Miguel,just in case you're new here, and you're wondering why you don't seem to get much help with your problem, here's a quick summary of the story:Shortly after Wilco released the patch for 767 PIC, lots of people encountered problems trying to use POSKY planes with the PIC panel. Lee Hetherington then posted numerous suggestions how to merge the two while maintaining all the PIC flight characteristics. His way proved to be very popular, so he was kind enough to release his merge as a .zip file with a little executable program for those who felt uncomfortable with altering .cfg files. However, sometime during the last week, POSKY became upset and demanded that Lee's file be pulled from download websites and subsequently shut down the POSKY forum.So, unfortunately for people like you, there's no longer an easy and convenient way to merge the two - you'll have to do it the hard way.Here is my way: (I would like to point out that I have merged my 767s this way BEFORE Lee posted his suggestions, and although the methods may be similar, any grievances about posting this in a public forum should be directed towards me and not Lee Hetherington, as I am not posting any of his work).First, extract your POSKY 767 to any folder you like (I'm using the United 763 as an example). Rename the model folder to something like 'model.POSKY763PW' (There are 3 engine types available, you will have to use separate 'model' folders for each one). Rename the 'texture' folder to something like 'texture.763UAL'. Move both folders to your '767 PIC Wilco Publishing' folder.Now you'll have to alter the 'aircraft.cfg' in the PIC folder. Make a backup copy before you start! Delete the section {contact points} and replace it with the same section from the POSKY 'aircraft.cfg'. Then copy and paste the {Lights} section from the POSKY 'aircraft.cfg' into your PIC 'aircraft.cfg'. Then add the entry for your new aircraft. It should look something like this:{fltsim.x} title=767 Pilot in Command UAL 763POSKYsim=767 Pilot in Command Wilco Publishingmodel=POSKY763.PWpanel=sound=texture=763UALkb_checklists=767PIC_CHECKkb_reference=767PIC_REFatc_id=WP767atc_airline=unitedatc_flight_number=1123ui_type=767-300 Pilot in Commandui_manufacturer=Boeingui_variation=POSKY Uniteddescription=767 Pilot in CommandnCopyright © Wilco Publishing, 2002The important bits are:{fltsim.x} - This should be the number consecutive to the last plane you have installed.title= - This should be unique - double entries will confuse FS no endmodel= - Enter the extension you have given your 'model' foldertexture= - Enter the extension you have given your 'texture' folderui_variation= - This is the name under which your plane will appear in the aircraft menu under Boeing/767 Pilot in Command.You can change the ATC entries from the FS2002 aircraft menu or manually in the 'aircraft.cfg' - up to you.This is it - you should be able to enjoy your new aircraft to the full now. (Actually, Lee's version also refined the viewpoints, lights and contact points, but mine should work OK for now - if you are not happy with the contact points, try using the ones for the POSKY 767-200, I found they are a bit better, even for the 763.)Hope this helps.Cheers,Gosta.P.S. '{}' are square brackets - unfortunately, they can not be posted in the forum.

Hi Gosta,does all this function also properly with the new GMAX Posky models?Best regardsTimon

Guest joea

Yes!! First time I heard of this story though unbelievable!!!

Hi Timon,yes, it works with the Gmax aircraft. Remember, that there are three different engine types for the 763, so if you've downloaded them all, you'll have to create three different model folders ('model.POSKY763GE','model.POSKY763RR' and 'model.POSKY763GE'). Once you've done that, you'll only have to rename and copy over the 'texture' folders for each additional plane and point the 'model='entry in the aircraft.cfg to the correct engine type. (If you're not sure, the name of the original POSKY airfile will tell you the engine type.) Obviously, you'll notice no difference in flight characteristics between the engine types, as all planes use the PIC .air file - but then that's the only .air file that works properly with the panel. I should imagine that in real life the differences in flight characteristics between the engine types are fairly subtle, so that using the PIC .air file for the wrong engine type would still give you the most realistic flight experience possible within FS.Cheers,Gosta

Thanks a lot for zhe Info's.Cheers,Timon

Now you'll have to alter the 'aircraft.cfg' in the PIC folder. Make a backup copy before you start! Delete the section {contact points} and replace it with the same section from the POSKY 'aircraft.cfg'. Then copy and paste the {Lights} section from the POSKY 'aircraft.cfg' into your PIC 'aircraft.cfg'. Then add the entry for your new aircraft. It should look something like this:{fltsim.x} title=767 Pilot in Command UAL 763POSKYsim=767 Pilot in Command Wilco Publishingmodel=POSKY763.PWpanel=sound=texture=763UALkb_checklists=767PIC_CHECKkb_reference=767PIC_REFatc_id=WP767atc_airline=unitedatc_flight_number=1123ui_type=767-300 Pilot in Commandui_manufacturer=Boeingui_variation=POSKY Uniteddescription=767 Pilot in CommandnCopyright © Wilco Publishing, 2002>>>>>>>>>> thats a copy from one of the last messages. Welle, but the part of the contact points, is different is I choose for example martinair and KLM aircrafts. What should I do in this case? PUt both, one of them? Or create to separate aircraft.cfg?miguel

Hi Miguel,the contact points are the same for all 763s, so there's no need to change them. If Martinair and KLM have the same engines, you only need one model folder. Say, they're PW engines and you already have the United plane installed as in my example, you'll then only have to unzip the KLM and Martinair planes, rename the texture folders to something like 'texture.763klm' and 'texture.763martin', move them into the PIC folder, and add another entry to the aircraft.cfg, as described above, the only lines that need to be changed are:{fltsim=x} - next number up from your last planetitle= - Call it something uniquetexture=763klmui_variation=POSKY KLMBasically, if you want to install all POSKY 763s, you only need 3 model folders (one for each engine type), then you just copy over the 'texture' folders from every additional plane, and add the appropriate entry in the aircraft.cfgHope this helps,Cheers,Gosta

well, I have condor, klm and martinair installed, but I didnt separate engine types and they seem to be workingin the pic folder I have model, panel, sound, texture, all models of other aircrafts from PIC and also model.763klm, model.763martinair and model.763condor and the 3 textures for all of themis that right? but I dont have any separation of engine types; dont know how to organize thatmiguel

Hi Miguel,you can find out the engine types by looking in the 'model' folder. The .mdl file will be called something like '763_pw_xxxxx'. 'pw' indicates the engine type, in this case Pratt&Witney. The other two are General Electric (ge) and Rolls-Royce (rr). Condor and Martinair use PW and KLM uses GE, so you'll only need two model folders for the three aircraft, i.e rename the Condor folder 'model.POSKY763PW' and point the 'model=' entries in the Condor and Martinair sections of the aircraft.cfg to that folder. This method just saves a bit of HD space, your method will work just as well. But if you install a lot of planes you'll have lots of 'model' folders with identical content, that's all.Cheers,Gosta.

Guest ilh

There are a lot more than 3 different model types with the v3 763s. They have different models for different antenna configurations, etc.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

To Lee:Thanks Lee, I've just noticed that after completing a flight to KEWR. The differences are quite subtle though - it took me long enough to realise...To Miguel:Stick with your method to get the most accurate models (i.e. a new 'model' and 'texture' folder for each aircraft), unless you really have to save HD space.Cheers,Gosta.