Sign in to follow this  

Install problem

I just got PIC767 and am having problems getting it installed in MSFS2002 Pro. I first installed PIC767, and then installed the patch that came on the CD. I got the following messages pop up when opening FS:"MSFS 2002 has detected third party software that may not be compatible with this version. File: B767W.DLL.....", followed shortly by the same message with "File: ADVDISPLAY.DLL". After that FS crashed to desktop.I went to Wilco's site and saw the second patch and installed it. Same result. I then uninstalled PIC767, restarted the install, but this time did not install the patch that came on the CD, just the one off the site. Same result.Does anyone know how to solve this?Thanks,Mike

Can someone tell me whether this is the right place to get support from Wilco for PIC767?In addition to posting this message earlier this week, I also sent an e-mail to the address on the Wilco site. I have yet to get any response. I cannot find any other way to get assistance and searching old posts in this forum hasn't helped.Thanks,Mike

I am not sure whether it happened to you, but you MUST NOT install patch 1.1, which is for fs2000 only.For FS2k2 you have to do the following (plus anything mentioned in read the readme-file):1. Install the aircraft from cd2. Install the fs2k2 patch which you can find at wilcos site or here: http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/efpanels/F...PatchFS2002.exeas your installation seems to be messed up, I would try to uninstall pic first.cheers,mmmol

no, this is the flight plan request forum.;)

I finally realized the errors of my ways, thanks to your tip. I had inadvertently downloaded the FS2000 patch from Wilco's site, not the FS2002 one.Thanks!!!Mike