Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

V-Speeds

Guest jeffg

I am wondering about vspeeds with the fmc,I have placed all my pre-flight information into the fmc and placed all zfw and the fmc says complete but I have no vspeeds on rt side of fmc.I can hit the click area on the airspeed gauge and the speed tabs move to the right position.I am using the tutorial in the fmc manual and it says after all the information is placed and weights are placed in you should get vspeeds on the right side of fmc,I have tried 6-7 times starting from scratch and still don't get the speeds,any ideas what I might be doing wrong? JeffG

Guest ilh

Do you have a departure runway selected?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest jeffg

Lee, I had a departure runway in the fmc with every try. Jeffg

Guest Stephan Haas

Did you resize the FMC? In certain formats not everything is showing.Kind regards,Stephan Haas

Guest jeffg

Stephen, Yes to your question and everything shows up fine but there are no numbers by v1 vr v2 I even tried pushing the lsk's to see if that would bring them up didn't do it either.I know with DF's 737 when you input all your information on the takeoff page the numbers come up and you hit the lsk to highlight them. Jeffg

Guest Stephan Haas

Take off flaps? Really, I can't remember ever having a problem like this.Kind regards,Stephan Haas

This happened to me when I did not load/generate and activate + EXEC the flight plan.But I am sure you already did that...Jan.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Not sure if this is the same for the 767, Jeff, but on some Boeings, V speeds won't appear until the IRS's have completed their alignment. Haven't yet figured out why, tho'.Any help?Cheers.Ian.

Guest fwsov

Yeh i've had this problem too, but remember that in real life, all (I think) carriers use T/O charts to determine V speeds.regards, Andrew