Sign in to follow this  
Guest pumrigar

Altitude Horn Stuck

Guest pumrigar

Hi,First let me state that I am new to PIC and am still reading the manuals. The problem I am having is that sometimes (not always), when the altitude alert sounds as I am approaching the set altitude, it gets stuck and keeps sounding. Even pressing Q to turn off FS2002 sounds will not silence it. Any help appreciated.Thanks,Pesi

Guest bisinchi

The Altitude horn should be heard when approaching 900ft from the set altitude and should disappear when reaching 300ft from that altitude. This has always been the case on my PIC.Francois

Guest ilh

That sounds like a problem with your sound drivers or sound card. The fact that Q does not remove the sound seems relevant. It sounds like the waveform samples are getting left in the sound buffer and played ad infinitum.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest pumrigar

Lee,It was definitely some driver issue. For the moment I solved it by reducing directx sound hardware acceleration by two notches. That also fixed some sound problems I was having with the PSS Airbus. I am already using the latest Soundblaster Audigy drivers so there is nothing to update at present.Thanks,Pesi