Sign in to follow this  

Roll out mode problem..

Hi, Everything is fine and can control but I don't know why Airplane curves to the left of right just after touchdown.Please help..I couldn't find answer or questions about this problem.I'm using FS2002 and PIC with FS2002 patch.

I can't answer your question, but would like to say that I experience the same problem too so if anyone can elaborate help would be appreciated as it probably occurs in more then just us two. It is not drastic or anything but noticeable. Thanks.Aaron.

maybe the aircraft is vaning in the wind? If so, then you could enable taxi winds in fsupic. Otherwise i cannot imagine that a real plane would go perfectly straight after touchdown, so what about using the rudder?cheersmmmol

Guest MB327

I am not sure this is what you are experiancing but I too sometimes see this near the end of the rollout. In my case, I use a duel throttle control and the engines do not always come out of reverse thrust at the same moment. When this happens it is very easy to over compensate and the aircraft gets a little "fishy" on me for a few seconds. Watch next time and when that happens and see if both engines are in the same state. No cure as I know it. For me, it is just something I have to be on guard for.Another issue might be in relation to the "full deflection" or " fluctuation" problem that has been discussed in this forum. Search for "deflection" and "rudder" using the search function of the forum and read what has been documented. You might also search for "yaw damper" or "dampers". Some, including me, keep both yaw dampers turned off while in take off and landing configuration.Also be sure you are allowing an adequate null zone in the rudder control axis.

Guest jase439

The problem is with the APP mode implementation. Technically (as I understand it), in a full CAT III autoland situation, the aircraft should maintain runway heading on touchdown. What appears to be happening in your case (this is my theory anyway), is that the A/P attempts will continue tracking the localizer even AFTER touchdown. The "less than precise" placement of localizer beacons in FS2002 causes the aircraft to pull left or right in attempt to "drive straight to it". This is what I believe is the cause of the drifting you describe (and what I myself have experienced). When you're THAT close to the localizer (or any navaid for that matter), small deviations can cause significant course adjustments - so the aircraft may "pull" in an effort to track. If auto-coordination is on...aileron action is coupled with rudder action, so it stands to reason that the nose wheel will turn in response to aileron inputs from the autopilot.Anyway...the upshot is that if you disable the autopilot and/or the APP mode after touchdown, you'll be fine. From what I understand, this is standard operating practice anyway. JPS. I rarely land CAT III anyway, so I cut the autopilot anywhere from 500-1000' AGL and fly her in by hand. I've never had a problem with the drifting as long as the autopilot was not engaged after TD.

Thank you folks and I will add some my infomation.I'm using Auto Ruder option & NOT using real weather so wind is zero.Ah, and this situation always occurs with two or three AP at landing.Finally, as I said,There's sometimes nice landing and continue to STRAIGHT ROLLOUT until airplane stops - even rwy centerline indicator stays ASIDE!!And it goes wrong again even airplane is exactly center.I've watched centerline with airplane turns, but seems not EXACTLY related with ONLY centerline. (yes I think it is related to centerline but not ONLY IT in this simulator)Hah.. Finally, it shows the same symptom with PSS Airbus..p.s. The PIC767 has BEST autoland ability, so I don't want turn off AP on (or after) landing, but seems there're no other way..Thank you again for answers..And is helpful.. I wish this can be resolved soon..

I've been experiencing this every time I use autoland,just press 5 on the num keyboard to reset the rudders and it shouldbe fine. let me know how this is working out for you.

Guest jase439

You might be wishing for a long a time, my friend :)JPS. You need to turn the F/D off to unilluminate the APP mode indicator, so you can always go that route too if you prefer. Next time you land on a runway which has this "drifting" tendency, turn the A/P off and watch the F/D cues as you rollout. Use manual rudder inputs to hold the centerline. Drive the length of the runway and watch the action of the F/D bars (this is easiest to see with the dual bars instead of the Pegasus style cue) - you'll likely see your F/D cues "drift" in the same manner your aircraft would have drifted had you actually kept the A/P enabled.