Sign in to follow this  

Questions about 767-300ER / 767 PIC

Hello,I've just received my 767 PIC and found it be a great product :)I'm running it under FS2002 and I haven't had any too disturbing problems with it except that it occasionally locks up my computer :(Also I've been getting some bad frame rates when I taxi a 767 PIC plane at large airports like LAX and JFK. Anyway, I didn't find much data for the 767-300ER / 767 PIC in the manual and I was wondering about the following things relating to 763ER:What is the simplified fuel amount for reserve fuel, taxi fuel etc.?What are the weights (empty,MZFW,MTW,max payload etc.)?I'm guessing the empty could be 179 000lbs and the MZFW 288 000lbs, because those are the minimum and maximum values which can be inserted as the ZFW in the FMC's PERF page.What are the wind limits for landing?How about speeds (VMO, MMO, turbulent air penetration)?I'm assuming that the gear and flaps speeds, which are visible in the panel, are correct.What are the simplified climb/cruise/descent speed values for 763ER?Cheers,JarkkoP.S. I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked by other people here.

Guest WorkingStiff

>Hello, >>I've just received my 767 PIC and found it be a great >product :) Welcome to the forum.>I'm running it under FS2002 and I haven't had any too >disturbing problems with it except that it occasionally >locks up my computer :( I'm guessing here but it's possible that the lockups are caused by the 767 quicktips. Try disabling the quicktips option and see it that solves the problem.>Also I've been getting some bad frame rates when I taxi a >767 PIC plane at large airports like LAX and JFK. >The low framerates are caused by the visual models provided by Wilco Publishing. Many of us substitute the 767-300ER models from Project Open Sky merged with the 767 PIC panel for better frame rates.You can find Project Open Sky at: www.avsim.com/poskyLee Hetherington has created a neat utility to merge the 767 PIC panel with the Project Open Sky models; you can find the merge utility here: http://www.sls.lcs.mit.edu/ilh/fs/PIC-POSKY-v3-763.zipRead the two accompanying Readme files for the detailed instructions.>Anyway, I didn't find much data for the 767-300ER / 767 PIC >in the manual and I was wondering about the following things >relating to 763ER: >>What is the simplified fuel amount for reserve fuel, taxi >fuel etc.? I don't think there's a simple answer to this question. You can try asking in the Flight Plans forum or download this Excel based flight planner: http://home.planet.nl/~robvanleest/Page767.html>What are the weights (empty,MZFW,MTW,max payload etc.)? According to Boeing;Operating Empty Weight: 199,600 lbs.Maximum Zero Fuel Weight: 295,000 lbs.Maximum Takeoff Weight: 407,400 lbs.Maximimum Payload: 95,400 lbs.Maximum Landing Weight: 300,270 lbs.>I'm guessing the empty could be 179 000lbs and the MZFW 288 >000lbs, because those are the minimum and maximum values >which can be inserted as the ZFW in the FMC's PERF page. As you've already observed, the maximum and minimum ZFWs vary slightly from the Boeing numbers. The reason is to allow a fuel fuel load without exceeding MTOW.>>What are the wind limits for landing? >How about speeds (VMO, MMO, turbulent air penetration)? >I'm assuming that the gear and flaps speeds, which are >visible in the panel, are correct. There are; but you can also activate the Pegausus style EADI and you'd get quite accurate flaps speeds.>>What are the simplified climb/cruise/descent speed values >for 763ER? Why not just use VNAV?I'm sure the pros here will respond to your other questions.>>Cheers, >Jarkko >>P.S. I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked by >other people here. >>You'd find most of these questions have already been answered. Just use the Search function at the top of the page. Once again, welcome.

I think Stiffy deserves at least 4 points for that reply!!WS

Guest MB327

He was just so nice, wasn't he...Our very own Stiffy has turned the corner in life. It makes me feel so warm a fuzzy.(Sorry Jarkko, inside joke there... )As Stiff said, welcome to the PIC forum.