Sign in to follow this  
Guest putput28

Elevator Problems

Guest putput28

Hey everyone, whenever I pull my joystick up(as in taking off) the elevator will go up all most the whole way and then suddenly go down making my plane go into a nose dive. Does anyone know how to fix thi? I tried re calibrating my joystick but I didnt get any luck. ThanksPutput :-wave

Hi PutPut:Well, I am not the most informed person here, but I will give it a try.1) Does this happen with any plane?2) If you have FSUIPC installed is it doing any pre-processing for the elevator axis? (It will state "Axis not processed" if you are not.3) If you are not processing any elevator axis signals, and you view the "Joysticks" tab on FSUIPC, you should note a change of about -16383 to +16383 when you move your elevator control its full range.4) Using that same window, when you move your elevator control do tne numbers change from min to max smoothly? No drop-outs or lags?5) Have you changed any config file (assuming you are having this problem with just one aircraft)?6) If it is PIC, do you have any failure modes enabled?So, no direct answer to your problem, but at least a start to eliminating things.Good Luck.

Guest putput28

Ok Kathy,1. It only happens with the PIC/POSKY merger.2-3 I haven't checked FSUIPC but I will and then I will make your updates and see if the problem persists.4. It does run smoothly5. I have not changed any config file6. No failure modes are activePutput :-wave

Guest putput28

For 2-3 the axis is not processed and the elevator limits are set -16383 to +16383Putput :-wave

Guest HepburnUGA

I seem to recall that upgrading to FSUIPC version 2.85 fixed this problem. Check your version and upgrade if you need to. I believe the website is http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html ... If that doesn't fix it you may also want to perform a search of this forum as this problem has been experienced and discussed by most. Hope this helps!Jeff

I had the same problem on FS2k2 Pro and PIC767...after tweaking and poking I found a simple fix that worked for me.I set my default start-up back to an original MSFS plane (the Cessna) and somehow this cured the rapid, uncommanded control surface movement. I did have a 3rd party 727 before that even in "Create a Flight" at start-up created the problem.Now when I switch to the PIC767 it works fine. Hopefully this will work for you....there has been more than a few threads in the past on this, and I haven't seen a cure yet.(Welcome back Kathy)Timothy(Some things in the computer I don't understand, I just accept....)