Sign in to follow this  

Problem with the IRS system

Hi all,I have a weird problem with the IRS system, which I never confronted in the FS2000 version of the panel. When I try to align the IRS by selecting the three IRU selector switches from OFF position to NAV position just nothing happens. Not either the FMC's POS INIT page asks me to enter coordinates and it seems that the whole IRS has blackout.Does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work as it is supposed to? Best regards TYJ

Guest ilh

If you put the IRS display selector full right (can't remember what that position is called) it should show a count-down timer telling you how much time is remaining for the alignment. Does this work?Do you have the APU running?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

>If you put the IRS display selector full right (can't >remember what that position is called) it should show a >count-down timer telling you how much time is remaining for >the alignment. Does this work? >>Do you have the APU running? >Yes, I have APU running, but my problem is that the whole alignment process won't start at all. Just nothing happens when I place the IRUselectors to NAV position. Maybe I should re-install PIC, as I have some other problems such as EECs doesn't always limit the thrust and therefore I can over-boost engines and EICAS messages are a little bit unclear??TYJ

Guest Martin

I suspect you have random failures enabled. Make sure you don't have all failure sliders set to full right (all failures enabled). At least one slider must be left in the middle (minor failure only) or you will have problems with the IRS and AFDS not working properly.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

>I suspect you have random failures enabled. Make sure you >don't have all failure sliders set to full right (all >failures enabled). At least one slider must be left in the >middle (minor failure only) or you will have problems with >the IRS and AFDS not working properly. Thank you very much Martin!This was exactly the solution to my problem. I'd have never invented that by myself without your help. It's a great thing that we have this kind of unofficial support from users. Now I can again enjoy this best and most realistic panel ever made for FS, as I did with the FS2000 version. Thanks, TYJ