Sign in to follow this  

TO thrust not matching reference?

When I press the N1/EPR button at takeoff, thrust setting does not match the green reference thrust number over N1 on the upper EICAS, but it's higher. If the number is, for istance, 107.6, the thrust stabilizes at 180.5. This happens either I use EEC or not. No joystick used.Why??If I press CLB or CRZ or CON on the Thrust rating panel, the respective reference thrust is respected.Thanks,Luca

Guest Martin

That sounds strange... But you did mean 108.5, not 180.5 I hope? :-eekBTW, EEC should always be on.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Yes, sorry, I meant 108.5. I tried different settings and noticed that there is always difference of about 0.9 (107.6 -> 108.5).EEC is on, but the same happens if it's off.Do you have the two values matching, Martin?Thanks,Luca

Guest Martin

>Do you have the two values matching, Martin? I haven't really paid attention. If it doesn't match I think the actual N1 would be a little lower than the limit, but I'll have to check this.BTW, are you using the PIC air file? Using another air file will give you inaccurate N1 readings (as well as a load of other problems, or, at least, inaccuracies).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Ian_Riddell

Interesting.... I use joystick throttle control with PIC and the first time I checked the actual TO thrust values (standard PIC takeoff scenario with A/T engaged), they were less than the thrust limit. (Normally, in PIC, I just make sure that the thrust reaches the green crowsfoot marker on the N1 gauge, not the actual thrust values). I would say that these two should be pretty much the same, but practice is not always the same as theory. HP? Tim?Cheers.Ian.