Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Navigation across the pond.

Hi,I have just installed the old FS2000 version of Concorde into FS2002 Pro and after finding a working air file and aircraft cfg file it flies almost OK (apart from the fact it develops an anoying shakevibration from left to right between about 4,000' and 10,000') at least it now doesn't sink into the ground and can follow the ILS properly.However, what I would like to know is how do you succesfully navigate from EGLL to KJFK across the pond (apart from pointing it in the right direction and guessing) the aircraft I have has no INS gauge that would allow me to plot the correct course.Can anyone please tell me how they do it, or what additional gauges they have installed that will provide a working INS. I have tried those available at www.acsoft.ch those are the ACS-GPS gauges that I notice are available in many downloadable freeware panels but the installation instructions make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.As I say all I have is the converted FS2000 Concorde model with default panel and gauges and I would really like a working INS so I can navigate properly.Many thanks for your help.Steve.

Guest nirvana

i always navigate with direct gps! it's simple. just set your destination (KJFK), than turn to gps-mode and press "NAV"! lean back and enjoy 60'000 feet! :)

Steve, I purchased the Concorde departure / arrival and Atlantic charts from SimWorks (www.thesimworks.co.uk) these are real Aerad charts as used by BA Concorde drivers. Looking at the site today I see they have a relocation sale offering upto 60% off.George

Guest Rob

Hi Steve,Check out the VATSIM-UK website (http://www.vatsim-uk.net) for all information on Atlantic Oceanic tracks for Concorde.Most if not all freeware INS/GPS systems will allow you to fly the tracks properly.Hope this helps!

Hi,Thanks all for your help.I have in my possesion a set of Aerad charts for Concorde so I know where the relevant routes go (thanks for the suggestion though for getting charts they do make things more realistic).All i need to know is how to program something to get it there, or does everybody use the basic FS2002 GPS system which I find a bit cumbersome?Surely there must be a more realistic / better way? I would be grateful for any info on where I can find an INS system that I can put into the main panel that would work.Steve.