Sign in to follow this  

A pic you might be interested in

Guest Martin

If the primary altimeter is correct the plane is just about 200' above the threshold, so 160 must be RA. (There is no DH of 160 for that runway anyway.)Any word on what the "F000" means Ian?Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest captbulldog

I said that 160 is the DH under an assumtion (which I shouldn't have made! :)) that the EADI is stardard. If it is Pegasus EADI, then perhaps it is the RA. I'm not familar with Pegasus.And even if it is DH, it should have said "DH160" anyway. I fly PIC with standard EADI because I thought that was more "classic" of 767 (and has the older 767 feel). I thought most carriers have that on their aircrafts too

Guest Martin

You're right, if it were DH it would have said "DH160", and it would have been in green I think.Still 160' is an unusual DH, and according to my (fairly old) charts there is no approach for rwy 12 at IAD that has a DH of 160, so it must be RA.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Any word on what the "F000" means Ian?"No, not yet, Martin.I'll have a look at our Boeing Maintenance Manual when I get back to work in a week or so, but I have the feeling that it's company-specific.I know our 767's display "L" when an ILS-DME is tuned (rather than an VOR-DME), dependent, I recall, on the EFIS selections for the EHSI. Presumably, the "L" stands for ILS or perhaps LOC, but I can't think of anything "F" would stand for other than FAIL... but then the display should show dashes rather than zero(?).I never ceased to be surprised at the variations out there :-)Cheers.Ian.

That's a great photo... It was taken by "Jake". He's a 757/767 captain for United Airlines. He's the guy I've been working with to come up with my vfr/landing view. He actually provided me with the photo that I used for my panel bitmaps. He's a terrific guy, and I implore you all to support his work on airliners.net!Regards,Phil Geddes

Great pic guys,Martin, you are exactly right, the 160 is the RA alitude. I'm working on the that F000 (?) thing also.Here's what I can glean from the pic (Phil, I would love to hear Jake's reaction to this....:D)1) The F/O is hand flying the approach, and is doing a DAMNED fine job after being up all night.2) Capt. Jake and F/O elected to not use the autobrake system because the turnoff planned was a long way down the runway (possibly just before the end), and they were very smartly cognizent of being kind to the jet, and the fact that even medium use of the brakes and thrust reversers scares the hell out of some of the passengers (some airports just don't offer you that luxury...KLGA, KDCA, etc)3) Capt. Jake used a flash in the photo, and that's the reason the CRTs didn't show up very well.4) Fairly light surface winds, and the F/O squeeked it on.5) Capt. Jake and F/O got to the hotel and slept like a couple of cadavers UNTIL the maid dis-regarded the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door and began knocking on it at about 0900. If they live in the KIAD are, then they got home, did the face-plant into the pillow, and snored until the phone rang, the dog barked, the 3 yr old puked...(pick one)...then got up and felt like hell the rest of the day.6) Capt. Jake hates all-nighters....I know I do. I just did one from Anchorage to MSP the other night, and had my camera with me. (The "Northern Lights" shown very brightly, but I wasn't able to capture it well at all with my little digital Olympus. I did however get you guys a couple pics of the dimmed cockpit lighting, and I'll throw them up on a different thread.) We had an avg of 100 kt tailwinds for most of the flight, got in :30 early, and I got home before the sun came up...felt like winning the lottery.take care,:DBBall-------------------Capt. William "BBall" BallBoeing 757, Northwest AirlinesSenior Editorwww.frugalsworld.com