Sign in to follow this  

Take Off Problem, Pleasssssssssse Help???????

Greetings,I have a problem getting the PIC off the ground. I have not had this problem with PIC since I bought it some time ago, this just started two days ago. When I attempt to lift off at rotation speed, the plane angles up, but won't leave the runway. It also sounds like the landing gear or something is clanging away. It only does this with the PIC aircraft. I also have Project Opensky aircraft in there and thought maybe the aircraft.cfg file was bad, so I changed that. Then I thought the airfile was bad, so I changed that.When nothing seemed to work, I completely uninstalled PIC, the PIC folder was also removed from FS2002. I did a fresh install and it still does the same thing. I can get it off the ground, but it's a struggle. I'm attempting takeoffs at the 5 flap setting as I always have. I have no idea what this could be and hope someone can help me. As I said, all the other aircraft operate fine, including my PSS Airbus and DF737. Whatever this is seems to be confined to the PIC.Any help would be deeply appreciated.Windows XP 2.4 GHZ768MB DDR PC2700 RAMATI 64MB Radeon DDR Video CardSincerely,Hans GroenewoldHgroenewold@Prodigy.net

Hans, that takeoff problem is certainly not normal at all.When you have that problem, how much fuel do you have on board, how about your flap settings, and finally, how about your nose trimm setting?I use the PIC panel (my favorite FSim addon) with the POSKY 767 aircraft and the original POSKY flight model, and for some unknown reason, I have to set my nose trim to almos 8 (outside the normal green trim area) on takeoff, specially when flying heavy.Try fuel (020/000/020), flaps 5 or 15, and trim around 7.5. Do not engage your autopilot until you are airborne at around 400-500 feet and see if it works. Ignore the trim stab alarm that sounds at around 80 knots.Kerke---

Kerke,Thanks for your reply, I found out what it was, the rear stabilizer. I noticed it in the spot view. When you move the joystick to the extreme up or down position, the stabilizer flaps up and down wildly. Why it does this in PIC only is beyond me, all my other aircraft don't do it. As long as I don't pull all the way back on the stick, she flies OK.Any idea what may be causing this behavior from the joystick? I could understand it if it did this with the other aircraft, but it doesn't. Thanks for your help.Sincerely,Hans

Guest KenG

>Any idea what may be causing this behavior from the >joystick? I could understand it if it did this with the >other aircraft, but it doesn't. Thanks for your help. This has been described many times. I suggest you search this forum to find ALL the posts regarding it.

>Any idea what may be causing this behavior from the >joystick? I could understand it if it did this with the >other aircraft, but it doesn't. Thanks for your help. Hans, I wouldn't know, believe it or not, I've always flown all my aircarft with the keyboard :-badteethI've tried a couple of joysticks but it's always felt hypersensitive and my planes fly out of control, I guess I am joystick-impaired :-lolI'm going to post a request for a joystick recommendaion in the PSS forum so that I can fly the A320.I run FS2002 on Windows XP Professional, what joystick do you recommend?J. Padron---

Ken G,I'd be glad to, can you point me in the right direction as for what keyword to use? Joystick, Takeoff, Stabilizer, ???Thanks,Hans

J. Padron,I use the Microsoft Force Feedback II joystick, I also had the original version. XP seems to like it too, just plug it in and she installs herself. The original version probably won't work on XP, I tried using my old one and XP did not like it. Take care.Hans

I have the same problem using 767PIC on FS2002 and a CH Products Yoke. The stabilizer flaps violently, only in the 767 and when near the "max range" of the yoke. Usually if I let off the yoke pressure a slight bit, the aircraft will rotate. Still annyoing!! Would love to knwo how to correct this!!Mike McCulloughmike1mc@yahoo.comhttp://pages.prodigy.net/mccullough

the solution is simple. just replace your fsuipc.dll with a newer one or the same in this case and your back to flying. i have notice that a lot of slewing or abnormal behaviors like speeding things up with sim rates have a lot to do with this issue of .dll corruption.