Sign in to follow this  

Just reinstalled PIC...2 questions

Hi all, I've just reinstalled PIC on my new system and have just two questions, if you could help.1. Regarding Autoland. It's much better on this system than my old one, flare begins around 100ft, throttle idle, and what seems to be a nice 100fpm or so touchdown....except at about 10 or 20ft the aeroplane pitches down, which, I presume, is to stop itself from floating. Is this normal?2. Regarding joystick assignments - I have the CH yoke USB but whenever I try to assign a PIC function to one of its buttons (from the custom controls section of the PIC menu) it doesn't recognise any button presses. Any ideas? Is this a known problem?Many thanks,Eoin

Guest Muppet22

Hi EoinRegarding point #1 I know that BA have fine tuned their autoland in their 76's so that it lands harder than perhaps you would expect. I can't remember the reason for this but possibly other carriers do this? However despite being the most detailed sim for FS it is probably not true that this issue has been modelled and therefore maybe a very minor flaw which leads to the problem you are describing?Hope this helps! :-)Tom EvansBAV 757/767 Training Captain

Guest Martin

100 ft actually sounds at least 50 ft too high for the flare.I haven't really looked into how it autolands on my system, I just know that I can rely on it to get the plane down safely should it be needed. :-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing