Sign in to follow this  

Strange problem.........

Hi all,I just upgraded my 1.4 Athlon system with GF2 to the following:P4 1.6A@2.4Asus P4B533-E mobo512 Corsair DDR PC3000 cas2MSI GeForce 4 Ti4400WinXP HomeThe problem I'm now having is that the panel and gauges start to turn blurry and reset when I move the panel with the mouse pointer. Then it starts to turn blurry again. Never had this problem before. Any ideas? thanks! AndyOf course I forgot to add:The memory clock is at 554mhz and the core clock is at 275mhz. (Before I fool with these, I wanted to hear from a vid card guru) Also is attached:

Check that you have 32 colors. (within the sim)For some strange reason when you change hardware or update video drivers, the sim sets the colors to 16 bit which in some cases, not all, causes the funny panel problems.

Guest JZL 1

I had something similar with my Radeon 8500 and it turned out to be the FSAA (Full Screen Anti-Aliasing). Either turn it off within FS/Options/Display/Hardware, or in the "Settings" tab in the Display Properties you've shown above, or switch it to Application Preference if there is such an FSAA setting. This was fixed with later driver releases for my 8500, so you may check and make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.From what I recall at the time I had the problem, it was more of a bug in FS's display configurations than the vidcard drivers, so it may be universal to all cards. Turning FSAA off will tell you fairly quickly if that's the problem, anyway.

Well first change I made and the prob went away. I manually set AGP to 4x. Thanks for all your advice !!Other than that little hiccup, I must say I am a happy camper so far! With the following scenery settings, I get a few stutters (testing at Meigs)that I can live with. Those settings would have crippled my other system.I'm d/ling the 30.82's right now, let's see what they'll do. I'm gonna go tweak some more...Thanks again!!