Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

pls. what are the atc options?

there's nothing like flying klax-rjaa only to be give 4 go-arounds systematically under the ms atc. pls. advise what is the best atc add-on to offer a more realistic flight; i.e. is there anything available that would accommodate basic iaco step climbing over long routes and still maintain an atc presence? pls. excuse if this sounds naive but i've only just discovered msfs. regards. braun/.

Guest gasebah

As nobody else cares to answer your question I will, although I am not exactly qualified as I did not use any of these add-ons so far. There are some around I hear the best is Radar Contact. Check out their site. They have a demo version and everything. I do not remember the URL but it should be easy to find by searching this forum.However all these add-ons have one thing in common: You will loose the AI aircraft, or to be more precise they do not interact with the AI aircraft which means it does not make a lot of sense to run with AI.That is why I decided not to use them for now.Alex

thanks for the reply alex, i will just continue to but up with it!

Guest gasebah

If you are really getting into it, keep me posted of your experience because I am also thinking about this a lot lately.Alex

Braun,If you are getting too many go arounds, try to find a small addon here that allows you to change the taxi speed of the AI aircraft. The go arounds occur because the AI planes can't get their tailfeathers off the runway quickly enough. If you increase the taxispeed a bit, you can reduce the likelihood of this situation. You could probably eliminate it entirely if you didn't mind planes taxiing at 40-50kts! I think I changed it to 20-25 kts and that is a decent compromise.David

david, thank you - i will look for the taxi speed addon immediately, that sounds like a good course of action and will post my findings. sincerely, braun.

Guest gasebah

I am actually using this too. But beware of too high taxi speeds as I had issues with AIs crashing into me frm behind. I would suggest a setting like 16-18. Cuz if you set it higher also chances are your airport becomes a racetrack. That loks ugly too.Alex

Hello, In the real-world you turn off the runway at around 8-12 knots and normally taxi between 10-16 knots, the maximum that we can taxi at is 25 knots on the A320 series.Julie ScottA320 CaptainUK Charter Airline

Guest gasebah

Hi Cap,....hmm, do you also have to do approx. 4-5 go arounds announced at 400AGL before you are allowed to land.For a little procedure realism I am afraid we will have to wait until FS2004.Alex