Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Question about NVmax.....

Hopefully someone can enlighten me here. I keep reading that NVmax does not work with the latest drivers (>29.42), nor does it work with GeForce 4 cards.However, I have been using NVmax with 30.08 drivers and a Ti4600 card.And I see differences in the different settings. For example, trilinear filtering does not look the same, nor as good, as level 64 anisotropy.Also, NVmax certainly does affect my AGP settings, etc.So, if NVmax no longer works with my setup, then why does it seem to?Thanx for any help! I'm thinking of going to RivaTuner, but why if NVmax does work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well I am not the wiz here. I am sure Paul01 could answer ur question but he seems to be not around, maybe on vacation. But I guess the greater part of the reg settings are still the same with the newer drivers. But other ones have changed. So even if it works with some driver settings u r poking around in the dark with others. I really messed up my stuff with NVmax and the newer drivers. The available stuff that is updated for the newer drivers is as simple to use as NVmax so I really suggest u relearn and switch to these.Alex