Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

weird sound problems

i'm getting strange sound problems in FS2002. My engine sounds are pretty loud and normal, but I hardly hear ATC/callouts, even other programs that aren't related to FS2002 for that matter.This trouble started when I got XP Pro. Is there a fix?Please helpThx

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Getting the sound mix right within 2k2 and alongside other programs reminds me of one of those 'ol algebra story problems from high school, since there are so many variables to juggle. I'll highlight the ones that should help you, so you can get things finely adjusted. And yes, moving to XP would cause the problem, since most likely your sound settings were reset.First, most games feed off of the Windows sound settings, then their own internal ones. I first would set Windows so the volume is maxed for your wave files, and then set the main volume to 50-75 pct, depending on how loud you prefer your system sounds to be.Then, go into each game and "juggle" the sound settings. FS2002 has a sound menu where you can adjust the engine independent from the cockpit, outside environment, ATC, etc..... You may find you'll have to tweak other games as well, but hopefully, I've given enough info to help... -John