Sign in to follow this  

Gerrish's New AutoGen Buildings

AllWhat a refreshing change. Although he has only completed the africa set, I renamed them so the building swould show up in the U.S. The texture colors are mostly brown and white (Africa version) and I must say it is such a refreshing change from the drab grey we have been looking at for so long. I tried both the 512 and 1024 versions. The 1024 versions at least on my machine showed no fps hit. Gerrish did mention that a little flickering could occur with the higer res version but on my g4 with Quincunx, I saw no flickering. I can hardly wait to see the other versions! Thanks Gerrish for a hugh contribution for eye candy fans everywhere!BobG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

BobDo these new textures change the colour of the existing Autogen buildings or are they replacement buildings too?Toni.

Good question. You know I really didnt pay attention. I would assume the buildings are the same with just different textures. I have to get ready to go as we have family in town but why dont you install them and see what you think. I will check this out too when I get back later. Have funBobG

Tony I was looking at his readme. This is the first part of it:A set of replacement texture sheets to improve the appearance of theAutogen buildings in Africa. This is the first of a series and furthersets for other regions will be released shortly.Two alternative sets are included: a high-resolution 1024x1024 set foroptimum appearance, and an alternative 512x512 set for those whoexperience frame rate problems with the higher resolution version.Please note that this set will also unavoidably alter the appearance ofbuildings in some Middle Eastern countries (see note 5 below), althoughthe series will later include an alternative set designed specificallyfor that region.Later Bob