Sign in to follow this  
Guest ICAN

Rudder authority

Guest ICAN

Hi Guys!I have bought the brilliant LD767! I am trying some single engine flying but the rudder stops working( CH Pro pedals )as indicated on the status page? Any one any ideas? Also, is it possible to increase the rudder authority in the same way as you could on the PIC767?Help would be much appreciated!!:-( RegardsIcan

Guest Mark McG

I've not had any problems with the rudder authority. Once you initially apply rudder, you should then start feeding in rudder trim - in some cases you will need max rudder trim. As you feed in rudder trim you can then take out the rudder pedal input.

Guest ICAN

Hi Mark,Thanks for coming back to me...Yeh I agree trim it out but I cannot initialy fly it on the rudder as it seems to stop functioning.I get "full and free" on the ground and on two engines but when I fail an engine I do not get any deflection on the status page or any control on the aircraft.The ailerons and elevator work fine??RegardsICAN

Guest Mark McG

Do you have Auto_Coordination Checked?I think this might cause a problem.

Guest ICAN

Arhhh....Yes I do, how do I turn it off??RegardsIcan

Guest Mark McG

Uncheck the box that's in the FS Options drop down menu - it's either in the preferences or realism section. When you are airborne the FS Autorudder is overriding yor rudder inputs - thus you can't properly control the aircraft during an engine out.

Guest ICAN

Hi again...Thanks Mark.I unchecked the box and allthough I now get the full rudder deflection I cannod keep the aircraft straight even as the speed increases trough 160Knts? I also lose power sometimes.i am using CH Yoke/pedals.Are there any issues with this set up with the new 767? I had to increase the rudder control on the PIC version..is it possible to do this with the new 767 software.Thanks for your patience!!RegardsIcan

Guest Mark McG

I have the same setup. Quick summary of what to do in event of an engine fail on Take Off. 1. Apply Rudder.2. Rotate to between 12 & 15 degrees - the single engine initial pitch attitude. 3. Climb Out at between V2 and V2+15 4. FireWall the engines.5. Gear Up on Positive climb.6. Passing 500ft Disconnect the Autothrottle, and shut down the dead engine. Select CON Thrust on the TMSP.7. At Flaps retract Altitude select V/S +200FPM along with VREF30+80 on the SPD window. 8. Center Autopilot CMD.9. Retract Flaps on schedule.10. Once aircraft is at Vref30+80 engage FLCH.I wouldn't change the rudder authority - the aircraft handles well with an engine out.

Guest ICAN

Hi,That is exactly how I am flying it but even with those parameters I cannot keep the aircraft straight even as the speed increases which should give you more control? I wonder if I still have a set up problem?RegardsIcan;(