Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Flightmax and Golden Eagle 421C

Hi,when I use flightmax together with the C421 I will have 50% framerate drop. All other planes I have do not experience a framerate drop at all. To make it even more strange: I get the drop as soon as I show flightmax. Even if I do not even initialize it (turn it on). Can someone shed some light onto this. Is anybody running flightmax together with this plane without having a serious framerate drop?Should I reinstall the plane?Of course I also posted this on the flightmax forum, but here are so many more people which might have an idea.Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have flightmax, but I do know the Golden Eagle can give quite a fps hit, especially in external view with A/C reflections on (luckily I enjoy it even w/o the reflections). Add to that flightmax, with its various displays, and it's putting a huge demand on the system. Might just be enough to tip the scales when combined with a high cpu load A/C like the Golden Eagle. One suggestion--if you have the Simubuild A340, see if the same problem happens, since it's another fps intense A/C. If the problem doesn't happen, then you might have a gauge conflict instead. You can rule out a gauge conflict by substituting the Flight1 panel with another. In my case, I have a folder in the Flight1 folder called panel.1, with a generic FS2002 panel.cfg for a prop aircraft. When I want to troubleshoot, I edit the panel entry in the aircraft.cfg, putting a "1" after the equals sign. The Golden Eagle will load with the generic panel for testing that way...-John

I guess it is the 2nd option as all of the aircraft I fly are more intense than the default planes (FSD Commander, DF Archer...). Actually I do not fly any default planes. I am sure your 2nd suggestion hit the nail on the head. Thx John you are always of great help.Alex

Alex,I'm sorry, I don't have this problem.I'm not sure if this will help, but are you running the 421 with the original textures (inside & out) or with the alternate textures (DXT)? Are you running Flightmax with the original surround skin, or the new hi-res skin ? What is your average fps decline with other aircraft? What other payware aircraft do you run it with?You wrote:All other planes I have do not experience a framerate drop at allIf all your other aircraft are only default MSFS, then it may just be that your system can't handle Flightmax & the 421 together. If you have other payware like the DF Archer, and Flightmax works fine with it,then there is something weird going on.Rogerhttp://rwlsportscards.com/images/sigs/avsig3.gif

I do not know about the textures cuz I cannot remember and I am not at my PC right now.I have an Athlon XP2100+ and a GF4Ti4600. Even the DF737 runs at 30 fps (when allowed by the framerate slider) in mid air with no complex scenery around. When I run flightmax with other planes there is no noticable framerate drop at all. I had an issue with tiny stutters which could be helped by extending the refresh time of flightmax. As I said the framerate drops 50%. I have my fps locked at 24. Normally in mid air they never go below 22.6 even in thickest clouds. With flightmax and the Cessna they drop below 15(!) sometimes beow 10 (!) in mid air over water(!). So there must be some kind of conflict. I am absolutely sure this is not a simple performance issue.AlexP.S.: I forgot to mention, I am running flightmax on a 2nd monitor, together with the realityXP GPS. So it could also well be a problem between these. But I will get a 3rd monitor and I hear the remote version of Flightmax is ready. So I will also try to let it run on a 2nd computer. Maybe that solves it. Alex

Well, shoot me. Today I opened FS2002 the 421C and flightmax and the prob was gone. Very confusing.Alex