Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Sinking aircraft

Okay guys, I've got my asbestos suit on. I know I've seen this posted here before and I've looked through the first 12 pages to see what the solution is but I can't find it. I've got some aircraft sinking into the ground on landing. Even from the field that I just took off from. Specifically the last one was the FSD T-38 taking off from Meigs and sinking into O'hare then after reloading I tried landing back at Meigs and sank again. Restarting FS2002 cured it that time but it's happened to me before and with several different aircraft. What's the solution or how about pointing me to the right post?

Guest firehawk44

Try conducting a forum search using the keyword "sinking". I found about 25 topics. Make sure you check the box to search the archives. There are several possible solutions to your problem. Several recommended lowering your vertical speed on landing. Some indicated they solved the problem by changing settings they made using NVMAX to tweak their video card. There are many possible reasons for sinking in the runway. I have the T-38 and have never encountered your problem with this aircraft. But I have had aircraft sink through the runway because I landed too hard indicating, to me, I had a crash landing (I have "ignore crash" turned on). The fact that your aircraft are NOT sinking when you take off but only when you land indicates to me that you're coming in too fast and landing too hard for the aircraft's capabilities. Hope this helps!Jim