Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

FS2002 FREEZING!

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem that I am having with my FS2002. I just installed it last night, and everything goes well untill I select a flight. Shortly after the cockpit shows up and the scenery loads, a black screen appears and it freezes.I using Windows ME with a AMD +1600XP, with a Microstar NForce motherboard and video card.Any suggestions would be great!Thanks,Mike L

Guest SD Sim

I will ask my usual question, which is - how hot is your CPU running? The Athlons do run hot, and MSFS2K2 will tax your system. Many a woeful experience is due to excessively hot Athlon CPUs. But to know if this is the case, a little more information is needed. Does the flight always lock up at the same point each time, or is it more random? Does it happen with every aircraft you test? The more you information you can provide regarding your system and problem, the easier it will be to help you. For instance, do you have onboard sound, or a soundcard? The other thing to look for is IRQ sharing, which can be assessed using either system information, or through your BIOS. If you can provide a few more details it would help :-).