Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Clouds - be careful what you wish for!

So I've spent a long time (nearly two months) flying the Archer around the American Southwest, enjoying the mountains and canyons. I use FSMeteo for real weather. When you fly over the desert, the sky is clear most of the time. I yearned for a few clouds here and there to spice things up. Eventually, I decided to head west to the coast.Landed at Half Moon Bay on Friday night. Ahh, KHAF... an old favorite due to lots of landings there in my FUII days. I went out and found the LandClass enhancements for CA, OR, and WA and looked forward to some great sightseeing (I fly VFR almost all the time).Two days later I fire up FS2002, fire up FSMeteo. BAM. Overcast starting at 700 ft!!! D'OH!!! That's cloudy alright!Ok, I figure.... It wouldn't be legal in RL, but then...this is a simulator/game. I took off anyway. After about 30 minutes, the overcast layer dropped to 400ish ft. :)I sure got what I asked for. I know I could fly above the clouds, but then I'd miss all the nice re-landclassed land. Ah well. I found it amusing.--Tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, funny thread. But that is how I keep this hobby alive and prevent to let it become boring. You have to wait for the nice weather to see the stuff. If it is not there I will fly somewhere else. Sometimes I install a new scenery without even looking at it for weeks, only to land in this airport when I fly by unintentionally and remember that I installed it.Alex

Be careful what you do here, or your post will be ripped in two parts and will be moved to the screenshot and the CFS forum.:( Alex