Sign in to follow this  

Does SB work with broadband cable internet?

Hi, I have just installed broadband cable internet access on my computer which seems to work really great.But each time I try to log onto a Vatsim or an IVAO server,I always get a timeout error message.So I was wondering if anybody else has cable and runs SB at the sametime and if they could help me?

Certainly Broadband cable should be working, providing your provider allow you to make TCP/IP connections on port 6809.Most likely, your using a version of SB that has leading zeros in the IP addresses for servers (such as 192.168.012.001 - which should read 192.168.12.1) which will cause SB to timeout connecting.

Thankyou for your replies, yes I have noticed the leading zeros in the SB servers list.I am using the FS2002 version of SB is there a version that will work with FS2002 that does not have leading zeros in the IP field?Regards Graeme

Hi guys, thankyou for your messages.I did take out the leading zeros in the ip address field for the server and bingo,I got SB online.I then flew from EDDT to LOWW and it was fantastic.When I saw traffic landing or taxiing, the high speed cable made the planes taxi like looking at a normal plane in real life,none of this staggering of the aircraft,like you see with dialup internet programs.So now that I have cable,I will not be going back to dialup.